Alexandria Dunn, CFP®, CTFA
Affinia Financial Group
Making the world a better place for her brother James has always been a part of Alex and her family's everyday life. She knows the outsize impact that small gestures can have in creating a full life for a person with a disability. While building her financial skill set, credentials and experience over the past decade, she has incorporated that value as part of the planning she does with families.
As a sister and future guardian of James, who has Down Syndrome, Alex has a deep understanding of all of the roles and responsibilities that may need to be filled one day. She shares her thoughts in this video, from Investment News. Alex is committed to educational outreach and coordinates presentations for the firm. She is a highly experienced speaker, presenting special needs financial planning workshops to families, organizations and professionals nationally.
Aside from community service, Alex enjoys traveling, experiencing different cultures, photography and the beaches North of Boston.
Important fact: Be prepared; know that if you are taking a meal with Alex, she may pull a bottle of hot sauce from her purse.
Credentials and Certifications
- Certified Financial Planner Professional™, CFP®
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA)
- Member - Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Member- Financial Planning Academy
- Western New England College- BS
- Chairperson, State Advisory Council, MA Department of Developmental Services
- Advisory Board: Massachusetts Guardianship Association (MGA).
- Member Boston Estate Planning Council (BEPC) and Roundtable Committee