Cynthia Haddad, CFP®, ChSNC
Affinia Financial Group
Caring for one another is at the core of our most valued relationships. Cindy is a committed, vital and highly experienced professional whose expertise in planning and deep sense of empathy are prized by her clients. She fully understands, as a daughter of an elderly parent, a sister and advocate for her brother Ron and a wife and mother herself, the unique financial and personal requirements of families like her own. While the majority of her time is spent with her clients, Cindy is COO of Affinia Financial Group, a firm she co-founded in 2019. As COO she leads an experienced team to manage the operations and human resources of Affinia.
Cindy is a recognized thought leader in planning for families of individuals with disabilities as co-author of the bestselling book, The Special Needs Planning Guide , now in its second edition. Her story as a pioneer of special needs financial planning is featured in this film made by Investment News in 2017.- an excerpt may be found below.
Cindy lives in Belmont, MA with her husband and (in the summers) her two college age children. She is actively involved in her church and local community and serves as an advocate for her older brother Ron, who has disabilities. In her free time she enjoys cooking, gardening, ice-skating, traveling and having fun with her family.
Important fact: Shades of the Von Trapps! Cindy – and her musical family – are all talented performers.
Credentials and Certifications
- Certified Financial Planner Professional™, CFP®
- Chartered Special Needs Consultant®, ChSNC®
- Member - Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Member- Financial Planning Academy
- Member - Special Needs Collaborative-USA 500
- Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA's BrokerCheck.
- Author, The Special Needs Planning Guide: How to Prepare for Every Stage of Your Child’s Life, (First edition-2007, Second edition- 2021, Brookes Publishing)
- Past board member: The Arc of Massachusetts, Central Middlesex Area Advisory Board for the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services, Massachusetts Sibling Support Network (MSSN) and past advisor to the MARC Trust, Inc. (currently Planned Lifetime Assistance Network of Massachusetts, Inc.)