John Nadworny, CFP®, CTFA
Affinia Financial Group
Planning with families over a span of three decades, John co-founded Affinia Financial Group in 2019 to carry forward carry the knowledge, level of service, and values he has built his practice upon. As CEO of Affinia, he continues to work with his clients alongside his experienced team and chairs the Investment committee overseeing the portfolios for all of the firm’s clients.
John is a recognized thought leader in planning for families of individuals with disabilities as co-author of the groundbreaking book, The Special Needs Planning Guide and is often featured in the media. For a comprehensive view of the arc of John’s career and life, please take a look below at A Father First, a film made by Investment News in 2017 .
John lives in Melrose, MA with his wife, Susan, and his son, James, who has Down Syndrome. In his free time, he enjoys outdoor pursuits and construction projects of all kinds.
Key fact about John: do not get him started on the Peloton bike. One word: obsessed.
Credentials and Certifications
- Certified Financial Planner Professional™, CFP®
- Certified Trust Financial Advisor, CTFA
- Member - Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Babson College, MBA
- Bentley University, MS
- Bridgewater State College, BS
- Author, The Special Needs Planning Guide: How to Prepare for Every Stage of Your Child’s Life, (First edition-2007, Second edition- 2021, Brookes Publishing)
- Board of Directors, The Arc of Massachusetts
- Past board member: MA Down Syndrome Congress, MA Governor's Council on Disability Policy